On the inside, Jim has installed the transition strips between the vinyl flooring and the hardwood. On the outside, I went out mowing and he did some weed whacking with our new push type weed whacker. The poor lawnmower cannot handle all of the mowing chores as the land surface is too bumpy and rocky in spots so the whacker has come in very handy. It takes about 6 hours to mow and whack the front. Jim was so enamoured by my "mowing" attire that he insisted on a picture. I am afraid that it's not complete without my bottle of perfume...aka Deep Woods Off.
Because this is a "slow news" entry, I have also included a picture of our typical evening thunderheads.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
The metal cladding project has three pieces at the top and back of each of the posts that need to be trimmed down and then siliconed. That really should only take a few minutes.
The week before last, Jim put the last bits of siding on the front of the deck. We can now say that the front of the house is finished. If you're keeping track, that means that three sides are finished with just the metal cladding on the deck posts and beam to be done at the back but first there's the issue of cement or brick patio to deal with. I believe this may be next summers project.
Posted by Kathleen and Jim at 7:12 PM
Jim decided it was time to finish the front deck and managed to get a kit to do the metal cladding of the beam and posts. With those fateful words, "This shouldn't take too long", he set to work. By the end of the day he was almost finished.
Meanwhile, I went out to admire the roses that are in bloom. They were supposed to be pink wild roses but, obviously, we didn't get those. I'm just as happy.
Posted by Kathleen and Jim at 6:59 PM