Friday, May 29, 2009

Stair well up - Done

Started the day digging a trench for the electrical wiring that has to go out to the septic tank pump. Moved on to working on the stairwell again, and completed most of it, the walls going down to basement are all that are left to do there.
Yes, I will get to the vapor barrier tomorrow. I set up the scaffolding at the end of today, so that I am ready for first thing in the am to get on with that step. Builder Bob knows all about the process as the same steps were carried out by him in the main house area. I first have to cut plywood fillers and nail them in between the floor joist and then cover them with poly as I have to drop the ceiling down for the R40 insulation to be installed.

1 comment:

  1. So Jim, I guess I've been dethroned as the "Goop Master". Funny thing is, I'm now a white goop master as I'm fixing up a home office for a guy. Lath and plaster on two walls, drywall on the other two with a cathedral ceiling, skylight and a small storage loft. Cracks all over the place! So I can relate to what you're doing.

    Kathleen, I applaud you for sitting down on the job. Great idea to use the dolly. Everyone must be happy at the diminished risk of falling into the pit.

    Very impressive progress you two (and Allan, Ian & Coreen as well)!

    ReplyDelete